Thursday, July 1, 2010

Shades of Grey

 


I've always been the type to get into a series. Books, shows, movies, ect. I can remember back when I was first reading bigger books I fell in love with the author James Howe. He wrote this funny, adorable books based around a vampire rabbit named Bunnicula. I LOVED them! I graduated to Anne of Green Gables, and my love of a good series just grew more and more. Harry Potter, Twilight, you name them I've read them. I just can't help but fall in love with the characters and their potential. I feel their losses, joys, humorous moments. I try to share anything and everything. However when my husband asked me to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender, I balked. It was a cartoon not a book, it was oriented twards a very young group, and it was only three seasons long so how good could it be? I must say though, after a few episodes I was hooked. I love the story of the Avatar, his funny friends, their trials. I love the adorable animals and thier crazy antics. I couldn't be more excited for the live action version.
Tonight we went to the movie with another couple who is just as in love with the Airbender as we are. We sat, watched, waited, and finally were able to comment to each other during the credits everything that was wrong with the movie. This was off, or that was WAY off. But you know, even with all the "wrong" things, I still loved it. The storys heart was the same. And that's what mattered to me.
I think I may just be a kid at heart because honestly more often than not I like to slip away into a childish fantasy world, rather than a thought provoking adult one. They aren't as dissimilar as one might think, the only real difference is in a childs world things are a bit more black and white, a little less grey. I like that. It's sort of how I think 98%of the time. Haha. It can be troublesome though. Our world is not black and white. But at least for and hour and 1/2, I could imagain it was.
I'm working on my black and white thought process though. I've discovered that it's a big source of why I'm so discontended much of the time. I expect things to be one way and when they are not, it throws me completely off balance. I'm learning that some things get mushed a little and that's okay. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment