Thursday, May 20, 2010

 



I had a profound thought today about rainbows and just happened to have this picture of a lovely rainbow from a trip into Montana last year. I decided to share....
There are things in my life I want. I'm pretty sure that's normal. But sometimes it feels like the things I desire are at the end of a rainbow and it's going to take a small green man with a four leaf clover to help me get to it. (Is that not a creepy image or what?...) I understand that with faith, work, dilligence, and possibly a bit of patience, things will happen but I hate the wait. I hate feeling like I'm chasing an illusion.
I'm sorry to sound a bit down. I guess it's been a long week. Work is going well. I enjoy knowing I have something to do each day. I have discovered however that my clutzy nature is not always conductive of a smooth working environment. I try so hard to get things right and I just always seem to mess something up. It may not be huge or detrimental, (or sometimes it really is...) but I hate the fact that it happens. My brother in law who is showing me the ropes has the patience of a saint with me but I can even tell he gets tired of my lack of ability. Happily they didn't need me to work tomorrow so I can have a few days to recover (and let THEM recover) before I go back to another crazy busy week.
I honestly don't know why I feel so dragged down right now. But the beautiful thing about rainbows is...well um...they are beautiful. They are a beacon that the storm is passing, and there is something lovely coming down the way. I'm going to try and turn my negative feelings into positive ones. That will be my homework for the next week. I'll let you all know how I do with that. :0)
Love,
H.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That is such an awesome insight!! I totally understand how hard it can be to be positive, it is something I have to work at everyday! I'm trying to be positive in the moment and stop thinking "if or when this happens then I'll be happy." You are a great person, and you are loved. :-)

    ReplyDelete