Monday, May 10, 2010

Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go!

Because of some craziness that involved moving 10 hours away only to move back and then get surgery and move again, I have not had a job in quite some time! People always say, oh I'd love to just be at home all day and read, or watch tv, or get my house in order...I thought I was one of them. But alas I am sooooooooooo tired of not working. And subsequently living on a budget!
Today however I was offered and accepted a position at Artbeat which begins tomorrow! It's a bit weird I know to be so excited about working there. I'm there all the time as a spouse or a daughter or a nuisance, but now I'm all those things AND an employee!
Now we can save up quicker, pay off debts sooner, and I wont forget to mention having a bit more fun. Another plus side to working there (other than the fact I know a little bit already about the tasks I'll be doing, as well as knowing ALL of my coworkers, and getting to see my husband all day) the hours are excellent and will work around my schooling in the fall.
My only concern at this point is once we have a child, (and believe me we will someday,) how will that affect my working. Well we will come to that bridge when we get there, just like school and everything else. I've discovered that no plan is for sure and flexibility is a must when thinking of kids or your future in any aspect really.
So off to bed I go. 6AM comes to quickly in my opinion!

H.

No comments:

Post a Comment