Friday, March 4, 2011

Personal Values

This month we are having our New Beginings program for Young Womens. My part of the program is to talk about personal progress. I have no clue what I'm going to say although I have a few things bouncing around in my noggin. While thinking of my part in this program I have started to think of the different values that the young women are encouraged to develop and understand. Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue. I have begun to ask myself if I attempt to develop or understand these virtues or do I let them slide like so many other traits I need to work on.
I'm doing well in some areas, others not so much. I wont bore anyone with a breakdown of my lacking or my accomplishments. I just wanted to reflect a little bit.
I am grateful however to be a part of the young womens presidency. At times I am frustrated with my calling and even those I serve with, but and the end of the day I am grateful for what it teaches me and pushes me to do. I have to be more organized, have more patience and good humor, as well as charity in my heart. Not to mention it is a constant reminder of my worth as a daughter of God. That never changes with age. I will always be His daughter.
This affirmation in my heart is such a comfort. It's not always easy to hold onto but I am thankful that it is there. It is my hope and prayer that anyone who might read this will also begin to understand his/her potential because of their individual worth. I'm not saying that each day I wake up and look in the mirror and think I'm wonderful. Quite the opposite really, but I do think the more I remind myself that I am a child of God literally, it gets a little easier to go through the darker days. I have no clue what my purpose is on this planet, but it helps to think that I do have one. Even if it's just to develop myself and love others along the way. It's something I have to hold onto, otherwise I go to a very sad place.
Well, now I'm trying to gain some motivation. I have some minor chores to do and I want to finally go to the gym and break in that goal of getting healthy. If for any miraculous reason I do get pregnant I at least want to have established a healthy pattern beforehand. I don't know if I'm going to lose any weight but meh, I'll give it a go. lol
Love
H.

No comments:

Post a Comment