Friday, July 1, 2011

My Oh My The Warmth of July!

July is such a solid month don't you think? It's smack dab in the middle of the calender year, it's hot and stiff and unmovable. And I think I'm going to love it this year. In the past I have felt the stiffness of July was a bad thing. It kind of made me feel trapped. Perhaps none of this make sense to anyone else so I will try to explain my head a bit.
I have always felt that summer was the sitting season. It's just to hot to do anything but sit and be lazy and melt. It goes by so slow but not in a wow I can accomplish so much kind of way but rather in a, I'm running in mud kind of way. It can be very aggravating. Now Fall, I love fall. It's a moving season. Yes things are kind of dying off but the colors are vivid and soothing to me. Summer is so washed out because of the high sun and the heat. Winter is bustling! Even when it's calm it's can become so crisp that you have to move or freeze! lol And there is so much going on! Spring is a growing season. Things burst to life with color and expectation.
Poor summer just can't compete in my opinion.
However I've been trying to think of a way I can enjoy July and the season it falls in. It has to be simple things because of my upcoming surgery, but I'm thinking sitting on the porch in the evening, eating bbq and listening to crickets is a great way to enjoy my very still July nights. During the day I will (again within my limits) address my disorganized life. I literally will have nothing else to do and what better way to fill the stopped life than to clean in an air conditioned apartment. (This place stays so cool during the day it's amazing!)
I am also very much looking forward to the 4th. It's such a great holiday. I love the fireworks. And I am very very much looking forward to sandal shopping. There, that's how I will love this time of the year. I haven't had the chance to in a long time. hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment