Sunday, February 6, 2011

So I haven't been on here in quite a while to post anything. Not that anything new has really been happening. Casey and I started our new semester. It's been hard. It's been very intense and it's only been a month! But I love school. I know Casey does as well. I find my classes pretty interesting but I have to admit I feel as though I'm struggling. I still have good grades and I have no intention of letting them slip but I do feel like I'm stressed all the time. A little stress is good. This stress is making me wear out pretty fast.
It was the stress and a few other things that forced Casey and I to take a good look at our situation. We both love working, love going to school and both want out family to expand. There isn't a way for both of us to do all three. So we decided that after this semester I would go down to part time. I will take next semester off and the following spring I will only do one class to stay an active student at LCSC. Our hope is that by me taking time off school and just working we can focus on savings a bit more so by the end of the year we can actively pursue expanding our family.
On that note, it's going to be such a hard journey. I'm dreading it. I wish that nature would just work for us and solve the problem but that's not going to happen. Either we need a lot of medical help or adoption. And neither of those are guarantees either. We could very easily spend years and a lot of money and still never have children on this earth. It's depressing and overwhelming. And it makes me angry and I resent my body that doesn't work right.
Anyway, enough of that. I'm sorry to sound like a downer.
On the bright side our cat is having his first birthday on Wednesday. We got him a couple of silly gifts. Catnip bubbles and mouse toys. Hahaha. I will admit that a big part of me feels pathetic. I love out cat but he isn't my child and it's not a great substitute. But at least we have an official birthday for him to celebrate. :0)

1 comment:

  1. I Love you Heather!! I have been feeling angry and overwhelmed lately as well. Life can me hard at times, but I do know that as long as you are striving (that's the key word) to do what is right he will bless your life. I also know that we have to turn to him when we feel like we just can't handle it any longer, probably even before then. That is what the Atonement is about, he is there to help us in our difficult times, he doesn't always fix or give us what we want, but he helps still find happiness. I hope this atleast helps a little. You are amazing and I know that you will be able to find happiness and joy. You two will be blessed I promise!!

    ReplyDelete