Sunday, November 21, 2010

First Snow!!!


 


Today started out looking a bit gray and very wet. Rain is so fun in November right? But by this evening big fluffy white happy flakes of snow were falling everywhere! It's so pretty!
It has gotten me excited about the upcoming holidays and all the memories that we are going to make. We are finally moving into a bigger apartment in December, we are getting a kitten and our first semester of school will be over! It's a very exciting time.
We have also pressed forward some more with medical tests. It looks like it all on ol Heather here that we can't have children. It's bittersweet. It's good to know Casey is healthy and well, but also very sad to know that my body is the reason we are still a twosome. That's one of the reasons we are getting a cat. I wish we could have Jack but he's so happy where he is, and although our new landlord allows pets, he only wants indoor pets because the mess in the yard is to much of a hassle. And if one person does it, he has to allow everyone. It's very understandable. When we go to pay our rent and sign our official lease, (we signed a temporary one with our deposit this month to hold the apartment) we will also get his written permission to get a kitten.
As Casey put it, we are past the point of WANTING something to raise and nurture, we NEED it! Maybe that's sick and twisted to some, and believe me we have no intention of calling ourselves "mommy or daddy" to a cat, but there's a big void there and if we can lessen it with a family pet then we will.
I love the snow. I love watching it fall and seeing the earth coated in white. It feels so fresh and new. Rain washes things but snow coats it. I miss living in a place that got a lot of snow. But I'm sure I would find something to complain about then too. Haha
School is good still. I can't believe how fast everything is wrapping up. I just took my last chapter test on Friday for math, and soon it will be the semester final. All the rest of our days are quizzes and reviews. I have one more test in Spanish before my final, and now I'm working on my final paper for English. Fun fun fun. It's going to be a busy week this week with work and Thanksgiving but it should be fun to get away from the classrooms for a while.
This year I was going to host Thanksgiving with my grandparents but things got switched around a bit for the better. We are all going over to my in-laws house to have dinner there. It should be fun. We did that last year and it was nice.
In any case I'm excited. Oh green bean casserole how I love you!
Then after that comes our birthdays more school and December. I can't believe I'm going to be 27! That's crazy! But in a way a little exciting. I've grown up a lot in the last few years, and I'm excited to keep the trend going.
Well to all who may read this have a very Happy Thanksgiving! See you later!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment