Monday, April 1, 2013

Update

Hey all,
I meant to write a post yesterday but meh, I got lazy and well here you are!
Happy Late Easter!
Nothing to exciting going on with us. We are just working and that's about it. Casey has his spring break this week but the only change we will really have is he will be at work all week instead of work and classes. 

Easter was nice. We had a great day at church and then had a fun dinner with family. Then we watched my nieces and nephew hunt for eggs and their baskets.
I had ever intention of making "resurrection rolls" but alas after some of the fun died down so did our energy. The kids were ready for naps and so were the adults.
We managed to take one picture of the two of us to prove we existed on 03-31-13 lol but it wasn't very good. 

I've started to eliminate foods from my diet based on my docs findings on endometriosis.  I've looked online as well and hmmm, how long have I been in the dark? It's quite a change from what I'm used to. You have to eliminate:
Soy
Wheat
Gluten
Dairy
Processed Sugar
Red Meat
Caffeine
Chocolate
...
But the good news is veggies, fruits, and lean protein are a go. If anything I will lose weight lol. They are finding more links between endo and inflammatory diseases, so this anti- inflammatory diet is supposed to reduce pain and symptoms. For some women it has even helped them get off of medication and increased fertility but I will be honest I still have low hope of that occurring. I am just tired of pain. 
Casey has been really helpful with all this. One way I'm able to do really decently is every ten days I give myself a day off so so speak. Not to gorge or binge on foods that aren't good, but say we want to have pizza or pasta or something on my bad list, I can have it them. At the end of April I will go to every 15 days, then by June I will be at once a month. In my reading it said if I follow these guidelines even 85% of the time I am bound to feel better.

It also got me thinking about the word of wisdom. Really there isn't much difference.  That is the biggest thing for me to remember. My body is a temple, I need good things to go into it in order for it to function as it should. 
None of this is new to me of course, but I've felt pretty rotten the last couple of months so I felt truly ready to make a significant change. Maybe it's the fact my 30th Birthday just in site this year. It's only going to get harder as I get older to be better to myself.

So that's my update. Kind of boring sorry. 
Love to all!
H


No comments:

Post a Comment