Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Easy Peasy

So I have become a person who spends way to much time on Pinterest. I love finding new recipes or simple crafts that I might be capable of doing. So far I've tried a few of the easier recipes and they've turned out great. I wish I had pictures! I love anything that is less than 4 ingredients that I can easily remember. Although I love my cookbooks and I love to bake and what not there's something to be said for a quick recipe with good results.
Here are three I've tried and they turned out pretty good.
1.) 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
(I actually knew this recipe BEFORE Pinterest but I had forgotten about it.)
Ingredients:
1 Egg
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Peanut Butter.

Mix ingredients, roll into 1 inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Flatten with fork. Place in oven that has been preheated to 325 for 8-10 mins. When they are done let sit on a cooling rack until completely cooled. Otherwise they will fall apart. Once they are cooled, ENJOY! yum yum yum!
I love this recipe because I pretty much always have the ingredients on hand and it's quick.

2.) Pepperoni Rolls
(made these for the superbowl...big hit!)
Ingredients
Store bought bag of pepperoni
Bag mozzarella cheese
2 cans crescent rolls.

Preheat oven to 350. Open cans of crescent rolls and separate each roll. Cut the triangle into two smaller triangles. Repeat with each triangle from the can. Place 1-2 pepperonis on the small triangles at the base. Then take a finger pinch of mozzarella cheese and put on pepperonis. Roll up. Some cheese may fall out but if you get it in the middle of the pepperoni it should be fine. Bake for 11-13 mins until crescents are puffed and golden. Let cool and serve with marinara or ranch dressing. :) WA-LA!


3.) Pumpkin Muffins.
(made these last night. Very tasty. I made them in a mini muffin tin just to make them more bite size and not to much sugar at once.)
Ingredients
1 Box yellow cake mix
1 Can Pumpkin Pie Filling (14 oz)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients thoroughly. With a spoon dollop batter into sprayed muffin tin or into cupcake liners. Bake for 20-22 mins. Take out and ta-da, tasty quick muffins! I bet you could also use a chocolate cakes mix, or even put chocolate chips in for chocolate pumpkin muffins. Oh can't wait to try that.

So that has been my life following surgery this go around. Happily I return to work next week but I still plan on trying more of these easy recipes.

1 comment:

  1. I love finding new recipes, especially easy ones! I'm definitely gonna try the pepperoni rolls for Spence, the man loves pepperoni. And Danielle will love the pumpkin muffins

    ReplyDelete