Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Portraits!

This morning I woke up with the strange desire to get dressed up and grab my camera. Casey and I haven't had any pictures taken of us for quite a while so I thought it was about time even though frankly I HATE having my picture taken. I'm more of a behind the camera person.
So what prompted this need to document my existence with my husband on this earth today? The oddest place. Facebook. I realized the other day that I hadn't had a new profile picture in a long while and everybody else was constantly putting up new pictures that were so cute I wanted to be part of the crowd.
So we get up and trek down to this part of town with all these pretty trees off the road. I take one or two pictures and then Casey stops dead and says "Heather, it's time to go." I almost laughed but he was so serious. So I asked why and he pointed out a tent with shoes and other living area things. We had wandered into a homeless mans campout! I felt stupid and a little un-nerved. (I watch Criminal Minds to much I think, hahaha) so we got out of there and went to a park. It was then that I realized I HATED setting up the camera, setting a timer, running to get in place, and hoping with no real conviction that I wouldn't look stupid in the picture. I called my sister-in-law Shannon a begged her to come help us. She was so sweet to comply. Literally she dropped what she was doing, got the kids dressed and came on down.
She did a great job. I don't always like how I look in photos but it was so sweet of her to do that for us when we asked her out of the blue.
Once I got home I started playing around and I like the results. I thought I would share a few! :)







I really like this almost washed out style. I've been finding more and more ways to "treat" the portraits and stuff I've been doing. I really love it!

1 comment:

  1. you guys looks great! sometimes I hate family photos because of all the "to-do" beforehand, but the memories are part of the portrait.

    ReplyDelete