Thursday, August 19, 2010

School Daze/Days?

 


Once upon a time I attempted to go to college for all the wrong reasons. To get out of my parents house, to start over somewhere new, to be around a current boyfriend. The whole education thing was pretty much lost on me. But now I have my second chance. Starting tomorrow I will attend and earn credit for my first class at Lewis-Clark State College. I cannot tell you how thrilled and excited I am, even if I have to do research writing and math this semester. I have a different and more appriciative outlook on gaining an education. I want so badly to improve as a person, to leave the world a better place than when I came into it. I want to know that I am a good member of society as well as a contributing one.

I have never really pushed myself before academically. I kind of just took this as they came and gave a half hearted attempt at passing. I know it frustrated my parents to no end. They are pleased with my new outlook on school but I think a bit wary. To often I have done a song and dance of wanting to do something and never following through.

But this time I will! I know it wont be easy. Heck I'm more than likely going to hate it sometimes with a passion but it's something I need with all my heart to do for myself. And so, as intimidating as it may be I will face it head on and work hard at my happy outcome. :0)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: